Montcalm Community College is an official GED testing center. We offer the GED test, which was developed by the General Educational Development Testing Services (GEDTS), a division of the American Council on Education (ACE).
Call Amber Zimmerman at (989) 328-1266
- Complete GED registration paperwork in person at the Student Services office located in the Donald C. Burns Administration/Library Building on MCC’s Sidney Campus, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Must be at least 18 years of age (additional documents needed from those age 16 or 17)
- Present current, government-issued, photo identification (e.g. Driver’s License, Michigan ID, Passport, Military ID)
- Pay the testing fee of $100 at the time of registration (If an agency or school will pay your testing fee, you must submit a written verification form from that agency or school stating that they will be responsible for the testing fee. Test fees are subject to change without notice.)
Eligibility requirements must be met in order to register (Michigan GED Testing Jurisdictional Requirements). There is limited seating and no one will be admitted for testing without advanced registration confirmation.
Test 1: Language Arts, Writing (120 minutes)
Test 2: Language Arts, Reading (65 minutes)
Test 3: Mathematics (90 minutes)
Test 4: Science (80 minutes)
Test 5: Social Studies (70 minutes)
At the time you register for testing you will be scheduled for two test dates. One test date will cover test one (Language Arts, Writing) and three (Mathematics) and the other test date will cover tests two (Language Arts, Reading), four (Science), and five (Social Studies). If you are unable to keep your testing date(s), you must cancel by calling (989) 328-1266 at least 48 hours in advance. If you do not cancel your testing date(s), a $25 rescheduling fee must be paid before additional test dates are scheduled.
Montcalm Community College offers the GED Test at three locations:
- MCC’s Main Campus (Beatrice E. Doser Building room D308) at 2800 College Drive, Sidney, MI 48885
- MCC’s Ash Technology and Learning Center (room G119/G129), formerly the M-TEC, at 1325 Yellow Jacket Drive, Greenville, MI 48838
- MCC’s Ionia Educational Center (west end of school room I306) 250 E. Tuttle Road, Ionia, MI 48846
Test dates, times and locations for 2013:
- Friday, August 2 at 9:30 a.m. for tests 1 & 3 (G119)
- Friday, August 9 at 9:30 a.m. for tests 2, 4, & 5 (G119)
- Thursday, September 5 at 9:30 a.m. for tests 1 & 3 (I306)
- Friday, September 6 at 9:30 a.m. for tests 2, 4, & 5 (I306)
- Wednesday, October 2 at 12:30 p.m. for tests 1 & 3 (D308)
- Wednesday, October 9 at 12:30 p.m. for tests 2, 4, & 5 (D308)
- Tuesday, November 5 at 9:30 a.m. for tests 1 & 3 (G129)
- Tuesday, November 12 at 9:30 a.m. for tests 2, 4, & 5 (G129)
- Wednesday, December 4 at 12:30 p.m. for tests 1 & 3 (D308)
- Friday, December 6 at 12:30 p.m. for tests 2, 4, & 5 (D308)
Please plan to arrive on time for your testing. Calculators, food, and beverages are not allowed in the testing room. Pencils, pens, calculators, and scratch paper will be provided during testing.
MCC offers noncredit online GED preparation courses (enter GED at the top where it says Search for Course:) for those desiring to prepare for the GED Test. Questions regarding these courses may be directed to (616) 754-7706.
The MCC Bookstore on the college’s Sidney campus has GED preparation guides available to purchase. For those interested, stop in to the bookstore during business hours. A GED preparation guide may also be available at your local library.
For information about the local adult education program contact Central Montcalm Community Education at (989) 831-2500.
If you have a documented disability that might interfere with your ability to fully demonstrate what you know under standard testing conditions, there are options for special accommodations. If you wish to request special accommodations, please call (989) 328-1266 for more information.
- Once all tests have been scored, you will be mailed an Official Transcript of GED Tests Results.
- Test scores and pass/fail information will NOT be given over the telephone to anyone at any time.
- You must submit a request in writing to request additional copies of your Official Transcript of GED Tests Results.
- The Michigan Department of Career Development will issue and mail your certificate directly to you in eight to ten weeks. If you have questions about your certificate, contact the GED State Administrator at (517) 373-1692.
- If you have successfully completed the GED test, no retesting will be allowed.
- It is suggested that additional preparation and six months elapse prior to retesting. Exceptions are at the discretion of the Chief Examiner.
- A retest fee of $20 is charged per individual test in the battery (not to exceed three times on any individual test per calendar year).