Kenneth J. Lehman Nature Trails
The Kenneth J. Lehman Nature Trails are located on MCC’s Sidney campus. They are open to the public from dawn until dusk, 365 days a year. More than four miles of trails are marked with numbered trail posts, and maps are available at most major trail heads. There is no charge to visit these beautiful trails, which wind through forests, grasslands and wetlands.
The Kenneth J. Lehman Nature Trails provides educational and recreational opportunities for students and the community.
- There are more than four miles of maintained hiking and cross-country skiing trails, which span more 100 acres on the college’s Sidney campus and the Stanton State Game Area.
- The trails offer a variety of hikes, which take 20 to 45 minutes to complete.
- There are self-guided tour maps at trail entrances, which include descriptions of trees, flowers, wildlife and other vegetation found along the trails.
- There are more than 100 numbered markers to guide visitors.
- The trails include over 30 bluebird, duck, and bat houses.
- Fourteen benches are located on five different trails for peaceful resting and viewing spots. See map for location.
- Wetlands and two freshwater lakes – North Twin Lake and South Twin Lake – offer habitat for a variety of animals.
- A dock on South Twin Lake offers visitors a place to enjoy the scenery.
- A vernal pond along the White Tail Trail offers breeding habitats for many invertebrates and several vertebrates in the spring, including spring peepers, wood frogs and blue spotted salamanders.
- White-tail deer, birds, and other wildlife frequent the trails and surrounding area.
- An outdoor classroom is available. Use of the outdoor classroom is free, but should be scheduled two weeks in advance. Please contact Administrative Services Assistant Julie Stockwell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 989-328-1222.
ActivitiesEnjoy the many educational and recreational activities available on the Kenneth J. Lehman Nature Trails.
disc golf courseThe Kenneth J. Lehman Nature Trails Committee is currently creating and installing an 18-hole disc golf course at Montcalm Community College. This course is is located in the grassy habitat near Meadow Loop Trail and in the wooded habitat to the east of Witch Hazel Trail.