One Book One County Montcalm encourages area residents to read the same book at the same time and share it with their friends and family. It is often integrated in curriculum by area schools and instructors at Montcalm Community College.
Find out what the 2014 One Book selection is during the kick-off celebration on Thursday, May 15, from 12 to 1 p.m. in room G129 in the Stanley and Blanche Ash Technology and Learning Center on MCC’s Greenville campus.
Former One Book One County selections include:
- 2013 “The Language of Flowers,” by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
- 2012: “Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand,” by Helen Simonson
- 2011: “Look Me in the Eye: My Life With Asperger’s,” by John Elder Robison
- 2010: “Friday Night Lights,” by H.G. Bissinger
- 2009: “They Poured Fire on Us From the Sky,” by Benson Deng, Alephonsion Deng and Benjamin Ajak, with Judy A. Bernstein
- 2008: “Lay That Trumpet in our Hands,” by Susan Carol McCarthy
- 2007: “Water for Elephants,” by Sara Gruen
- 2006: “My Sister’s Keeper,” by Jodi Picoult
- 2005: “The Kite Runner,” by Khaled Hosseini
One Book Sponsors
One Book One County Montcalm is sponsored by Chemical Bank, Stafford Media Solutions, the Montcalm Community College Foundation and MCC.
Call 989-328-2111, Ext. 334