Michigan Achievement Scholarship
Beginning with the class of 2023, high school graduates will be eligible for up to $2,750 per year at Montcalm Community College through the Michigan Achievement Scholarship Program.
Eligibility begins by completing your FAFSA at fafsa.gov or contact MCC’s Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for FAFSA completion assistance.
- NOTE: When completing your FAFSA, you must select a Michigan school in order to be eligible for this scholarship.
To receive a Michigan Achievement Scholarship, students must:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Be a Michigan resident since July 1 of the previous calendar year. If you are a dependent student, your parent or guardian must also be a Michigan resident since July 1 of the previous calendar year.
- Graduate from high school in Michigan in 2023 or after OR complete a certificate of high school completion or equivalency certificate in 2023 or after.
- Demonstrate financial need when they complete the FAFSA—by having an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $25,000 or less.
- Enroll full-time at an eligible institution—including Michigan community colleges, tribal colleges, and public or private universities.
- Enroll at an eligible institution within 15 months of high school graduation or earning a high school equivalency certificate.
Students are not eligible if they are incarcerated or are in default on a federal student loan.