Counseling and Advising
Academic Counseling helps you navigate Montcalm Community College and your degree program. Although it is a required part of the admissions process, it can do much more for you than that. Academic counseling is available in the Student Success Center, located in room D318 in the Beatrice E. Doser Building on the college’s Sidney campus.
counseling appointmentsLearn how to schedule a counseling appointment and what you need to prepare for your appointment so you can get the most out of the experience.
walk-in counselingWalk-in counseling sessions are available for Montcalm Community College students enrolling for fall semester. Counseling sessions are located in room D-318 in the Beatrice E. Doser Building on MCC’s Sidney campus. They are intended to be brief meetings with an MCC counselor to answer specific questions regarding fall coursework.
Scheduled walk-in registration times are as follows:
- Monday and Tuesday, Aug. 5 and 6, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Monday and Tuesday, Aug. 12 and 13, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday and Thursday, Aug. 14 and 15 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday and Thursday, Aug. 19 and 20, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 21 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Monday through Thursday, Aug. 26-29 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
counseling faqsLearn more about MCC's counseling and advising services.
career counselingCareer counseling can help students clarify interests, values and abilities that affect career choices.
transfer informationWe have a variety of options for students who wish to begin their college education at MCC and transfer to another institution for further coursework or to pursue an advanced degree.