The 36th annual Heritage Festival is Aug. 3-5 on Montcalm Community College’s Sidney campus. During the three-day event, self-guided tours are available of all Heritage Village buildings with docents to provide information and answer questions. In addition, special features include reenactments, historic displays, craft demonstrations, vendors, music, children’s activities, Vintage Base Ball and other offerings. For more information, contact Shannon Kilduff at 616-894-9947.
Heritage Village School Volunteer Students Needed!
Please complete the form for each student interested in attending our country school reenactment during Heritage Village Festival. Students who are going into first through eighth grades are eligible. School meets Thursday through Saturday of the festival from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Students will be learning, playing, and getting outside while providing visitors with a peek into the days of the one-room country schoolhouse.
2023 Heritage Festival Daily Events Calendar
Thursday, Aug. 3 – Honoring Seniors Day
- Buildings will not open until after the opening ceremony at 10 a.m.
- Seniors can enjoy free lunch sponsored by the Commission on Aging. Please pick up your lunch tickets from the Commission on Aging tent.
Friday, Aug. 4 – Children’s Day
- Pony rides - 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Small Animal Petting Zoo - 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Children's activities, crafts, games and prizes - 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 5 – “Salute to Veterans” Day
- Montcalm Community College Foundation Pancake Breakfast - 7 to 11 a.m.
- Outside of the Activities Building on MCC's Sidney Campus.
- Advance tickets available for purchase from MCC Board of Trustees and MCC Foundation Board members. $5 in advance or $6 at the event.
- Vietnam veterans will be honored for their service. Vietnam veterans can enjoy free lunch sponsored by the Stanton American Legion.
- Vintage Base Ball - 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Petting Zoo - 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Old Fashioned Church Service - 2 p.m.
All Three Days
- Arts and Crafts – Craft Lane
- Bandstand/Gazebo – Music and entertainment
- Belle’s Hat Shoppe – Historic displays
- Blacksmith Shop – Open for display and blacksmith demonstrations
- Musical Cakes – At the Children’s Playhouse
- Children’s Scavenger Hunt – Village-wide
- Children’s Playhouse – Open for display and activities
- Civil War Encampment – Demonstrations and exhibits on the north lawn
- Demo Tents - Crochet, wood carving, weaving and more between general store and jail
- Doctor’s House – Open for display
- Edmore Jail – Open for display
- Ehle Barn – Antique farm equipment and small engines
- Gaffield Schoolhouse – Country school reenactments 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Golf Cart Rides
- Maintenance of Way – Display of a Railroad Speeder and equipment
- Montcalm Area Master Gardeners - Garden tours
- McBrides Depot - Open for display
- Mountain Men Encampment - Demonstrations and exhibits on south lawn
- Old Iron Tractor Club – Display of antique tractors on the east lawn
- Pavilion – Village Country Kitchen sells sandwiches, chips, pie, cookies and beverages provided by the Stanton Women’s Club
- Print Shop – Open for display with White Pine District Library displays
- Rush Dairy – Ice cream parlor with ice cream for sale and dairy equipment
- Shoen Log Cabin – Historic displays and spinning demonstrations
- Sidney General Store – Bake sale, candy and pickles for sale and historic displays
- Sidney Town Hall – County and township historic displays
- Tent on the Green – Quilt Show
- Tool Shed – Farm tool displays and antique sleigh
- Village Church – Open for display