MCC's Testing Center provides several testing options for students to evaluate academic and work skill levels. The Testing Center is located in the Student Success Center in room D318 in the Beatrice E. Doser Building on the college's Sidney campus.
Testing Center Policies
- Students must check in at the Student Success Center front desk before entering the Testing Center.
- MCC is not responsible for personal items left outside testing areas. The college has a limited number of lockers available to store your belongings, but if you have valuable items with you, we suggest you take them to your vehicle before starting your test.
- Testing areas are monitored and security cameras are in use.
- Valid photo identification
- MCC student ID (must have for ACCUPLACER testing)
- Books and notebooks
- Book bags or backpacks
- Electronics including laptop computers, cell phones and smart watches
- People who are not testing, including children
- Any other items specified as prohibited by your instructor
ACCUPLACER TestingThe ACCUPLACER academic skills assessment test helps determine a student’s readiness for college-level courses.
ACT TestingThe ACT is an entrance exam used by most colleges and universities to make admissions decisions.
CLEP TestingThe College-Level Examination Program® (CLEP® ) offers you the opportunity to receive college credit for what you already know by earning qualifying scores on any of the 33 CLEP examinations.
GED TestingThe GED test allows those who do not complete high school to earn their high school equivalency credential, or general equivalency diploma (GED).
SAT testinGRegister online to take the SAT. The SAT is the best way to show colleges you have the skills and knowledge they want most. The SAT is accepted by all U.S. colleges and measures what students learn in high school and what they need to succeed in college. For questions, please contact Lisa Gardner, Director of Student Success, at email@example.com or 989-328-1231.
WorkKeys® TestingWorkKeys® is a job skills assessment system that helps employers select, hire, train, develop and retain a high-performance workforce.
ETS Parapro assessment
The ParaPro Assessment is for prospective and practicing paraprofessionals and measures skills and knowledge in reading, mathematics, and writing as well as the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to assist in classroom instruction. The assessment is web-based and consist of 90 multiple-choice questions.
Fees: $55 for the assessment; $20 administration fee. All payable the day of the test. The administration fee is waived if the test taker is a current MCC student or MCC alumni. The fee is refundable if the test taker enrolls in an MCC course at some point.
More information including free test preparation and how to register is available at https://www.ets.org/parapro.
You must contact MCC to schedule the date and time you wish to take the exam. To schedule, please call the Student Success Center at 989-328-1264. A 48-hour notice is required.