Transfer Credits in to MCC
It's easy to transfer your credits to MCC and we accept a variety of previous learning experiences as credit for your degree.
- Credits from a previously attended college or university.
- Credit for tests which demonstrate your mastery of a subject.
- Military credit.
- Industry recognized credentials.
Thinking about transferring credit to MCC but would like more information? Make an appointment with one of MCC's counselors or advisors to assist you today! Email email@example.com or call 989-328-1264 to schedule an appointment.
Please note that credits transferred into MCC:
- Typically take up to two weeks to process and verify. For enrollment purposes, please be aware of this timeline. Our peak time for receiving transcripts to evaluate is August and January and it may take up to 4 weeks for credits to post prior to the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Will be posted as transfer credit on your MCC transcript.
- Will have a generic grade TR, and do not impact the calculated MCC grade point average.
- May be used toward both academic programs (major) and graduation requirements.
- Some classes may have expirations depending on your program goal.
- See Transfer Course Expiration details.
Additionally, you must complete at least 15 credits at MCC, in addition to any program and graduation requirements, to be awarded an associate degree, and 8 credits toward a certificate.
We evaluate all credits on an official transcript that are received from regionally accredited institutions. A grade of C or better must have been earned for each course, and the official transcript must be received directly from your previous college or university.
Reverse transfer allows former students, who have continued their education at other accredited institutions, to transfer classes back to Montcalm Community College to apply toward a degree, certificate or job training credential. You must arrange for an official transcript to be sent to MCC from the other institution you attended with an indication that it is a reverse transfer. Your file will be audited for degree completion, and if requirements for a degree are met with the transferred classes, a degree will be awarded. Contact MCC’s Student Services Department for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or (989) 328-1277.
Credit for Tests
Advanced Placement (AP)
Course credit will be granted to students who participate in AP and pass the advanced placement examination with required scores.
Click HERE to view the scores list.
College-level Examination Program (Clep)
Course credit will be granted to students who participate in CLEP subject examinations and achieve the minimum passing score as recommended by the American Council on Education (ACE).
Click HERE to view more information regarding CLEP testing and the minimum passing score.
DANTES subject standardized tests (dssts)
College course credit will be granted to students who participate in the DSSTs and achieve the minimum passing score as recommended by the American Council on Education (ACE).
Credit for Military Experience
Veterans can be awarded college credit for the service schools they attended and their work experience while in the U.S. Military. The college awards credit based on recommendations provided by the American Council on Education (ACE).
Competency testing evaluates the level of student skills in a subject area and based on their performance, they may be able to test out of a basic course and enter a higher level course at the college.
Click HERE to learn more about Competency Testing at MCC.